Trzebinia is situated on the Silesian-Cracovian Plateau in the western part of the Małopolska Province, in the Chrzanów district. The commune includes Trzebinia town and ten boroughs or so-called town-village communes (Bolęcin, Czyżówka, Dulowa, Karniowice, Lgota, Młoszowa, Myślachowice, Piła Kościelecka, Płoki and Psary), and its territory is populated by approximately 34 000 inhabitants.
Geographically, Trzebinia is a plateau spread over the area of approximately 105 km2, and is placed 270 to 470 metres above sea level. The complex network of roads round the city including the A4 motorway and convenient train connections make the town a very important junction providing good public transport.
Main road connections: motorway A4 (Kraków-Katowice, national road No. 79 (Bytom-Katowice-Trzebinia-Kraków), voivodship road No. 791 (Trzebinia-Olkusz-Ogrodzieniec-Zawiercie-Wanaty).
Direct railway connections: railway line E30 of international importance Drezno-Zgorzelec-Wrocław-Katowice-Kraków-Medyka-Lwów-Kijów-Moskwa; local lines: Dąbrowa Górnicza-Ząbkowice-Kraków and Trzebinia-Zebrzydowice via Oświęcim.
Distances to major cities:
Gdańsk - 541 km
Cracow - 37 km
Łódź - 200 km
Poznań - 370 km
Warsaw - 329 km
Wrocław - 210 km
Berlin - 562 km
Bratislava - 415 km
Paris - 1,420 km
Prague - 498 km
Vienna - 425 km
Border crossings (distances):
- to Russia: Gołdap (616 km), Bezledy (588 km), Gronowo (558 km)
- to Lithuania: Ogrodzonki (586 km), Budzisko (586 km)
- to Belarus: Terespol (497 km), Bobrowniki (530 km)
- to Slovakia: Korbielów (90 km), Hyżne (112 km), Łysa Polana 126 km), Piwniczna (160 km), Barwinek (280 km)
- to the Czech Republic: Jakuszyce (322 km), Lubawka (324 km), Głuchołazy (171 km), Cieszyn (95 km).
- to Germany: Kołbaskowo (550 km), Kostrzyn (480 km), Słubice (430 km), Gubin (410 km), Zgorzelec (320 km)
- to Ukraine: Krościenko (370 km), Medyka (286 km), Hrebenne (380 km)
International airports: Katowice-Pyrzowice (62 km), Kraków-Balice (30 km)
International ferry terminals: Świnoujście (648 km), Gdynia (560 km), Gdańsk (541 km)