Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej
RSS
  • wersja standardowa
  • Wersja kontrastowa

History

The first mentions on Trzebinia date back to the 12th century. As far as the locality itself is concerned, a parish which probably was established in the 13th century is known to have existed there as early as in 1325. The name of the settlement derives from the Polish verb ‘trzebić' [to thin a forest or a tree stand].

 

Initially, the aforesaid verb meant ‘forest clearance' so as to gain some areas for arable crops. In 1415, the king Wladislaus Jagiełło conferred upon Trzebinia the Magdeburg and the mining law which governed the rules of winning zinc and lead ores. Nicolaus Kezinger became the owner of the estate; in the second half of the 16th century, the estate mentioned was taken over by George Schilchra [who afterwards assumed the name Trzebinski]. The said family was wielding the locality till the beginning of the 19th century. Successive owners were, among others, Charles Estreicher, Caroline Pichocka and August Raczynski.

 

 

Rynek w Trzebini z prawej widok na wjazd w ulicę Krakowską

 

Market Square - on the rigth the entry of Krakowska Street (beginning of the XX century)

 

Rynek w roku 2011

 

The same place in 2011

 

 

 In 1817, Trzebinia was incorporated by decision of the Senate of the Free City of Cracow. The successive development of Trzebinia was due to the railway line, led up in 1847, as well as to an intensive development of various branches of industry.

 

In the 19th century, the areas of the Dabrowa Basin and the Cracow Republic constituted the largest European and the second world-wide [after the USA] centre of zinc mining and smelting industry in Europe. Trzebinia was situated in the Cracow Republic as a part of the district of Free City of Cracow. The period of the 19th and the 20th centuries was characterised by an intensive development of industry, especially of the raw materials branch. There were commissioned coal mines, zinc smelters and glass works.

 

Dworzec kolejowy na początku XX wieku

 

The railway station at the beginning of the XX century

 

Dworzec w roku 2011

 

The same place in 2011

 

At the end of the 19th century, there was inaugurated the first local calamine pit mine in Trzebionka. Thereafter, another industrial objects, among others the ‘Zbyszek' coal mine, a pump fittings plant, an iron foundry, a stone processing plant, brickyards, an oil refinery, a wood preservation plant, a cement plant, a power plant and a vegetable oil products factory, started their operation.

 

Ended the World War Two and reborn the local industry, Trzebinia became one of the most industrialised towns in Poland. The economic transformations, that have taken place of late, have contributed to a certain limitation of the heavy-industry character of Trzebinia. Despite an appreciable degree of industrialisation, as much as 43% of the commune area is wooded. The wooded areas are an excellent shelter for a large number of rare plants [Turk's cap lily, Streptopus amplexifolius, smooth carline, Veratrum lobelianum] and animals [boar, racoon dog, black grouse, crane, otter, beaver].

 

 

 

October 2017
M T W T F S S
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 1 2 3 4 5

The Office Hall of Trzebinia

Marszałka Piłsudskiego 14 St.
32-540 Trzebinia


tel. (+48 32) 6121227 (switchboard), 6122 648 (secretariat)
fax (+48 32) 6121147
e-mail: urzad@um.trzebinia.pl

Working hours:
Mon, Wed.-Fri. 7.30 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
Tue. 7.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.